Friday, March 7, 2014

dotPlan 2014.03.07

Man time is flying by, I can't believe it's March already.  Well I have a pretty awesome update this week, so lets get right into it.

The company I work for, Zymo Entertainment did there first annual game jam this week.  We had a day to create a single level single input mobile game that was launched to the Google Play App store. We were teamed up in pairs, one artist/designer and one engineer.  I had the opportunity to work with one of our newest team engineering members and we created Deep Dank Darkness.  A game were you have to keep your torch lit to see how far you can travel in the dungeon.



We had a ton of fun, and I'll be doing a postmortem of the art soon. We were heavily inspired by the game Darkest Dungeon, which you still have time to Kickstart, so go do that!  We're also thinking about doing some updates, so keep an eye out for those.

Also check out all of the other team games that were made, search Zymo and you'll find them.  Everyone did an amazing job and I'm super impressed with everyone's project!

I had a ton of fun doing the art, and using the 2d tool kit.  I had so much fun doing this art style, this mix of Darkest Dungeon/Hellboy/Penny Arcade that I wanted to stay in that space a bit more.  So I started to draw another 2d game character.


I'm not sure if I'll do more in this style, I really like it and I'd like to try to do more in it so we'll see.  Right now I need to finish my two asset packs for March. 

Which will be the skybox and the asteroids textures.  I also need to get back into programming my space demo.  Which I'm going to scale down the code side a bit so I can mess around with the 2d tool set once I'm done.

Alright till next week!


Post a Comment