Monday, January 10, 2011

First post of the New Year

So since the New Year has started I sat down and made a small list of projects I'd like to get done.  My portfolio is falling behind in the grander scheme of things and this year I really want to focus on getting it up to snuff. Here's a link so you can check it out yourself.


My first few projects are going to be primarily hard surface stuff, I'm the most comfortable doing it and I really don't have a good piece to show off using that technique, just some floor panels.  Once that is done I'm going to look into doing something a bit more organic.  For that I'll be trying to use a lot of Z-brush so I can learn the ins and outs of that.  I'm hoping I'll have my new pc by then.  I'm going to try and do full environments only since that's what I'd like to specialize in.  Everything will end up in UDK with lighting and fx as required. I'm going to take care of all the lighting and fx for each scene myself, since learning more about UDK is another goal of mine.  I also have one low poly project  I'm working on but more on that later.

For now here is a screen cap of the first asset for my first project.  I'm going to try and only take snap shots of stuff in UDK and update this blog every Monday night.


Familiar logo?

Post a Comment