Well, the first full week of work on my new environment is under way, and I think I've got some pretty good progress. I'm doing a hallway seen out of the Mass Effect comic, image below.
I started some work with the Cerberus logo asset that I'd like at the back of the hall. The high poly is done and I'm starting to bake it down. I'm getting some weird artifacts in the normals, which is currently stopping me from posting a picture of it in UDK. I'm going to take a look at the bakes again over the weekend and see what I can fix.
As for the actual hallway, I have the block out 100% done and I'm moving on to the individual bits. I'm hoping to have one or two of the panel high poly assets done over the weekend. Once that is done I"ll start my C and C thread on polycount and start to get some feedback. I'm excited to get the work done on this there is still a lot I've got to learn and processes I'd like to get familiar with.